[Histonet] closure of EM lab

Garrison, Becky becky.garrison <@t> jax.ufl.edu
Mon Aug 9 16:58:55 CDT 2010

We are closing our EM service and have the following equipment to
surplus:

Philips CM 100 Electron Microscope w/ Haskris Water chiller and Jun Air
Compressor.

Ted Pella Nitrogen Burst Negative Developing Tank

Durst Laborator  S-45 EM Enlarger w/ lens for 35 mm, 3 x 4 and 2.25 x
2.25 sheet film

Dessicator w/ Vacuum Pump

BEEM Negative Dryer Oven

Penetron Rotary Shaker

Sorvall GKM Glass Knife Maker

We have a Leica UC6 ultramicrotome that may be surplused; may be able to
trade for

current model, good  rotary microtome.

Most of the equipment was purchased in the late 78 / 79 and has been
carefully cared for

and maintained.

The Philips CM 100 was installed in 11/95 and has been under continuous
service with FEI / Philips.

The Leica microtome is only 2 / 3  years old.

Our hospital follows the surplus guidelines established by the Shands
Healthcare System.

I am trying to get the word out to other EM users and will gladly put
you in contact with

our surplus co-ordinator.  Or work with you to see the equipment which
is still set up within

our department.

Please pass on to others that may have an interest.

Becky Garrison

Pathology Supervisor

Shands Jacksonville

Jacksonville, FL 32209