[Histonet] Alcian blue alizarin red double stain

Walters, Katherine S katherine-walters <@t> uiowa.edu
Tue Apr 20 13:05:41 CDT 2010

I would also be interested in the protocol.

Katherine Walters
Histology Director
Central Microscopy Research Facilities
85 Eckstein Medical Research Building
University of Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa 52242-1101

phone: # 319-335-8142
fax:      # 319-384-4469

katherine-walters <@t> uiowa.edu
www.uiowa.edu/~cemrf

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Thomas,
Nancy
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:49 PM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Alcian blue alizarin red double stain

Our lab has a request for alcian blue/alizarin red staining on mouse
kidney teratomas.  This will be done on FFPE slide mounted sections.  In
the past, we have done skeletal staining using these stains which also
involved all of the clearing steps using potassium hydroxide.    Has
anyone done this stain (minus all of the clearing steps) on paraffin
sections?  If so, could I get a copy of your protocol?
Thank you,
Nancy