[Histonet] Nonspecific intranuclear IHC staining

Bruce W Brodersen bbroders <@t> unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Apr 13 10:09:02 CDT 2010

>From time to time, we experience nonspecific intranuclear staining on a
variety of stains for infectious agents and a variety of tissues and a
variety of cases.  More specifically, bovine tissues (lung and intestines)
using antibodies against BHV-1, rotavirus, and coronavirus.  We are using
Ventana's Ultra Red kits and have seen it with DAB as well.  Anyone else
experience this and what did you do about it?
Thanks.

Bruce W. Brodersen, DVM, PhD
University of Nebraska Veterinary Diagnostic Center
1900 N. 42nd Street
Lincoln, NE  68583-0907

voice (402) 472-1434
FAX (402 472-3094