[Histonet] Biocare Universal Negative Control Serum may be positive

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 15:59:14 CDT 2010

We use Biocare's Universal Negative Control Serum for our negative controls
on the Benchmark XT.  I qc the IHC slides daily and don't see any staining
in the negative sections.  We are a large reference lab and I see lots of
negative control slides daily.

You might have gotten a bad batch.  I've had much more trouble with
Ventana's negative rabbit serum before they finally discontinued it and
switched to a new product.

Mark Tarango