[Histonet] DAKO Her2 antibody

McMahon, Loralee A Loralee_Mcmahon <@t> URMC.Rochester.edu
Thu Apr 1 08:35:28 CDT 2010

Do you bake your slides?  How old are your cut sections that you are testing?

We have found that long baking of the sections before staining?  Like overnight at 60C causes the staining intensity to decrease.  And if the sections are older than a month the staining intensity decreases as well.

Just a thought.

Loralee McMahon, HTL (ASCP)
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Strong Memorial Hospital
Department of Surgical Pathology
(585) 275-7210
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bernice Frederick [b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:31 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] DAKO Her2 antibody

Anyone out there noticing problems with the Her2 antibody for Dako? Seems
real strong and deteriorating quickly. We order it in lots, so you can
imagine... Seems like every run is different. Same stainer, same titre ,
same tech. Tissue is from all over the country and world so we cannot
control fixation etc.

Bernice

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)

Northwestern University