[Histonet] Separation Artifact

Kemlo Rogerson Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk
Tue Sep 22 02:59:50 CDT 2009

If its happening to an entire batch but not to other batches then you
can sorta rule out fixation unless you use different batches of fixative
for different batches of samples; logical yes? To put it another way if
you use the same fixative and fixation time on all batches but only one
is affected then it must be an issue with the machine. Not knowing which
one you are using makes this difficult but sometimes they go wrong or
there's the wrong fluid dispensed.

If however you are using different batches of fixatives on different
batches of samples you may have one batch of fixative that's incorrectly
made up. Hope that helps.

Kemlo Rogerson
e-mail kemlorogerson <@t> nhs.net if not at work.
DD   01934 647057 or extension 3311     Mob 07749 754194;
Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. --Jonah
Lehrer
This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on
its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
Thank you for your co-operation