[Histonet] Separation Artifact

thecitan <@t> yahoo.com thecitan <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 15:26:34 CDT 2009

Hello histonet!

I'm trying to figure out the cause of some artifact in my ffpe h&e skin slides. Every once and a while I get a batch of slides with this strange separation artifact mostly around melanocytes. Its like there is a space around each cell(s). Also the collagen seems to have some odd stretching.

I tried recuting to make sure there was no microtomy issues but the artifact remains. I check my waterbath temp / soaked the blocks. Not soaked the blocks. I'm at a loss. This happens to entire processing batch. The doctors say they are still pathologically readable but I still want to find a way to fix this.