[Histonet] ISH and Bone Marrows question

Carrie Disbrow disbrc <@t> shands.ufl.edu
Tue Sep 15 15:50:27 CDT 2009

Hi Histonetters!
We have recently changed to Immunocal to decal bone marrow biopsies. Immuno stains performed on the decaled bone marrows look good.  All In-situ hybridization negative controls, and  Kappa and Lambda stains on decaled bone marrows have a blue artifact at the edges. We use the Ventana Benchmark. Our lymph node controls for ISH and  all other ISH tissue do not have the edge artifact. Has anyone seen this artifact before and were you able to prevent it? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Elaine Dooley, HTL 352-265-0111 ext. 72117