[Histonet] Negative controls for special stains (non-organism)?!?!

Monfils, Paul PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org
Fri Oct 30 11:24:08 CDT 2009

I don't see how negative controls for ordinary histochemical procedures would be much help unless they are the same tissue as the test sample.  If you are doing a congo red for amyloid plaques in brain, I can see using a known negative brain as a control.  But I don't see the point of running a brain section as a negative collagen control when you are staining a lung. What relevance would that have to the test section?