[Histonet] imaging organ cultures

gayle callis gayle.callis <@t> bresnan.net
Thu Oct 29 15:12:35 CDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Alice
Fleming
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:34 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] imaging organ cultures

Hi,
I am doing whole mount IHCs on embryonic organ cultures and imaging them on
a confocal microscope.  The IHCs are going well, but I'm having trouble
making the tissue stay in a specific position for imaging.  I have been
putting the tissue in the wells of depression slides, adding about 30uL of
Vectashield mounting medium, then coverslipping.  This works fine, except
that I have little control over the final position of the tissue-as I put
the coverslip down, the tissue often moves.
Any suggestions would be welcome!  Is there, for example, some kind of
optically neutral agarose that I could spot around the tissue before adding
the Vectashield and coverslip??  Or-other ideas??
Thanks,
Alice

Alice Fleming
Department of Human Genetics
University of California Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA 90095
310-267-2456

IMPORTANT WARNING: This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the
use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. You, the recipient, are
obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.
Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject
you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from
your computer.