[Histonet] Import of staining reagents(richard allan/microm, now thermo)

Sherwood, Margaret MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Oct 29 12:17:16 CDT 2009

We order RA Hematoxlylin 2 and Eosin-Y from Fisher.  Haven't heard anything
about additional cost, etc.

Peg

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of abi jag
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 12:20 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Import of staining reagents(richard allan/microm,now thermo)

Hello histonetters,

This is with regard to import of Richard allan(microm, now thermo)staining
reagents from US to India.

After facing several problems from stains manufactured by local manufacturers,
we thought of switching over to RA stains.

The local distributor here is telling that these reagents(we are planning for
procuring hematoxylin,eosin,bluing reagent and clarifier)are highly hazardous
and need special packing(itself require 4000 US $).

Anybody having any sort of experience about this and having idea about how RA
stains can be transported/used in other parts of the world.

Thanks for all your help

abijag

      Try the new Yahoo! India Homepage. Click here. http://in.yahoo.com/trynew