[Histonet] Green Fluorescent Protein

Hobbs, Carl carl.hobbs <@t> kcl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 27 13:46:26 CDT 2009

GFP can be detected directly in FFPwax sections if the expression level is high enough.
Yo can easliy check this, using one section before you immunoprobe.
Sure, Ab detection will guarantee you a strong signal but, again, if the exression of the protein is high enough.
I have come across several tissues where I can't even detect GFP using an Ab.

 I agree that both Invitrogen's ( mouse A11120 and rabbit A11122 ) anti GFP Abs are very good.
So also is Abcam's chicken anti GFP ab13970 : for me it gives the best signal but, you'd specifically need to buy an anti Chicken IgY conjugate.
If you care to browse in the Image gallery here:
 http://www.immunoportal.com/index.php, there are some images.
good luck!
Carl