[Histonet] Green Fluorescent Protein

Adam . anonwums1 <@t> gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 13:41:52 CDT 2009

At the suggestion from someone on Histonet, I've been using Abcam's chicken
anti-GFP. It's worked great on mouse tissue fixed with paraformaldehyde, Zn
buffered formalin, or 10% neutral buffered formalin. Even though Abcam
suggests that you antigen retrieve, I've found it works just as well without
it.

As for viewing GFP without any antibody, you apparently can, at least in
bone. See
http://skeletalbiology.uchc.edu/30_ResearchProgram/304_gap/index.htm for a
really detailed discussion. I've tried before and it hasn't worked... I
think you need really high quality optics and filter cubes.

Adam