[Histonet] Floaters in Waterbath

Truscott, Tom ttruscot <@t> vetmed.wsu.edu
Fri Oct 23 09:43:07 CDT 2009

Hi Stella, Not only wiping the top of the waterbath water with kimwipes between each block, and keeping forceps clean at embedding, and keeping your slides clean, but also keeping things clean at grossing: clean cutting board and instruments between tissues or cases. One pathologist called it forcep metastasis. Tom T

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Stella Mireles
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 7:11 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Floaters in Waterbath

I know we have all had some problems with floaters in our waterbath at some
point in our microtomy career.
Our doctors are very picky and I need some tips on keeping an immaculate
clean waterbath, but not sacrificing the speed in a regular
routine lab.  We use the pyrex waterbath and paper towels for wiping our
area.

Thanks