[Histonet] Floaters in Waterbath

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Fri Oct 23 09:23:23 CDT 2009

Kim wipes seem to pick up more debris than paper towels, and they pick up
much less water.   We routinely sweep the waterbath with a kimwipe after
each block.   You can also pick up floaters from embedding if the forceps
are not cleaned between each block.   Most embedding centers have multiple
wells for forceps - how often do you clean those wells?  You'd be amazed
at how much gunk accumulates in there!