[Histonet] Floor Cleaning

Thomas Jasper tjasper <@t> copc.net
Wed Oct 21 14:38:12 CDT 2009

Hi Folks,

Got a floor cleaning question for you.  We are transitioning to a new
floor cleaning crew in our histo lab.  I've been asked by the building
manager to elicit some opinions about products to use and/or techniques
to best get paraffin up off of linoleum.  We were fine with our previous
cleaners, however, the thinking around here is maybe it could be done
better?  Is a machine required or not?  Could we do it at a lesser cost,
and in a more bio-friendly way?  Is there an easier and simpler method?

Anyway this certainly is not the hot issue of the day for Histo-net.
However if anyone would care to share anything on this it would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom J.

Thomas Jasper HT (ASCP) BAS
Histology Supervisor
Central Oregon Regional Pathology Services
Bend, Oregon 97701
541/693-2677
tjasper <@t> copc.net