[Histonet] RE: in search of cd31 for rat tissue (TF) AND novocastra eNOS antibody on rat tissues???

PALMER Jason (SVHM) Jason.PALMER <@t> svhm.org.au
Tue Oct 20 18:08:54 CDT 2009

To possibly kill (or at least wound a little?) two birds with the one stone...

We have used BD Transduction anti-eNOS, # 610296 successfully on FFPE rat tissue, if that is any help.  It seems to label the endothelium in all vessels in the tissues we have looked at so far, as far as we can tell (eNOS being a constitutive form of NOS) and therefore may be considered a vascular marker.

Cheers,
Jason

Jason Palmer
Histology Laboratory Coordinator
O'Brien Institute
42 Fitzroy St, Fitzroy Victoria 3065
Australia
tel +61 3 9288 4045
fax +61 3 9416 0926
email: jason.palmer <@t> svhm.org.au

?????? [Histonet] in search of cd31 for rat tissue

Has anyone used RECA-1 (from Novus) to stain endothelial cells in rat
tissue.  I also heard about RDI-RTCD31-3A12 from Fitzgerald but it requires
Zinc fixative and frozen sections, I would really like to use ffpe rat
tissue already archived???
Regards,
Patsy
------------------------------
From: "Nejat Yilmaz" <nyilmaz <@t> mersin.edu.tr>
Subject: [Histonet] novocastra eNOS antibody on rat tissues???
Dear All,
We're planning to study FFPE rat aorta specimens with anti endothelial
nitric oxide synthase (NOS-3) antibody. We want to perform that with
Novocastra brand anti-eNOS antibody (Product Code: NCL-NOS-3). According to
datasheet the antibody works on human tissues only, other species not tested
yet. Does anybody have any experince with this antibody on different species
other than human?
Thanks in advance.

Necat Yilmaz MD PhD
University of Mersin School of Medicine

Disclaimer : The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are intended only for the person or entity to which this e-mail is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged and/or commercially sensitive material. If you are not, or believe you may not be, the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.