[Histonet] Need maintenance/service on Microm HM340E-2 microtome in Waltham, MA please

Sharron Ladd Sharron.Ladd <@t> on-q-ity.com
Fri Oct 16 14:51:13 CDT 2009

Hello Histonet,
I am looking for a company other than Thermo Fisher to do annual maintenance and repairs on our Microm HM340E-2 microtome. Please email or call me as soon as possible. Emailing your price list would be very helpful.
Here are the details:
It is 2 years old but virtually brand new (hardly used until recently). It's been working fine, then I moved it from one room to the next yesterday and today I am getting a strange venetian blind pattern (first section ok, second section ok, 3rd section bottom third venetian blind, 4th section bottom half venetian blind, 5th and 6th sections all venetian blind and then it's fine again and it repeats the pattern all over). I'm using a paraffin block with no tissue in it to trouble shoot.
Section thickness: 4 microns
Blades: DuraEdge high profile, same package that was working fine, new blade (tried 4 different ones)
Angle: 8 degrees (unchanged)-tried 10 and it made no difference
Cold block: yes
-I checked if everything was tight.
-I tried the blade holder tightener at 3 different spots. When I loosened it I got thick and thin sections. Nothing feels loose! I think whatever is wrong is inside (a spring, or the mechanism that keeps section thickness at 4 microns-at 5 microns the pattern seems to go away??)

I look forward to your responses. Thank you and Happy Friday.

Sharron Ladd
Senior Histotechnologist
On-Q-ity
610 Lincoln Street, 3rd Floor