[Histonet] Perfect perfusion

Thach, Dzung (NIH/NIAID) [E] thachdc <@t> niaid.nih.gov
Fri Oct 16 10:55:15 CDT 2009

Hi Everyone!!

   Is there a way to get perfect perfusion for each mouse every time?  I am
getting variable perfusion quality for each mouse.

   I am perfusing CO2 euthanized 3-4 weeks old mice with PBS via peristaltic
pump followed by fixative (RNAlater) via syringe merging into the same
tubing for PBS.  I am nicking the upper right atrium of heart to collect the
gushed out blood and then perfusing through ventricle using a 21G butterfly
needle.  I am collecting brain and spinal cord.

Thanks much,

Dzung
NIAID