[Histonet] Rabbit-on-Rodent HRP polymer

Jennifer Campbell jcampbell <@t> vdxpathology.com
Thu Oct 15 19:36:41 CDT 2009

Hi All,

  I recently purchased a rabbit-on-rodent HRP polymer from Biocare.  I will be using this on mouse tissue, using a rabbit polyclonal CD3 as my primary.  I just wanted to clarify a couple things about the protocol before I try it out tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could offer some assistance.  First of all, I should aske if anyone has a protocol for this?  What I really would like to make sure is that I will not have to use a label after the rabbit-on-rodent secondary ab.  I believe that I will just have to apply my blocking agent, avidin/biotin blocks, primary antibody, secondary anitbody, followed by chromogen, right?  My blocking agent is made up of casein and some other proprietary agents in a phosphate buffer (it is non-serum) so I was told that should work fine.  Does this sound correct?  Thanks in advance!  I haven't been able to get through to tech support all day, so hopefully you will have some answers for me!

Jen