SPAM-LOW: [Histonet] (no subject)

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sat Oct 3 09:47:15 CDT 2009

Most likely the ab is mouse anti human and does not cross react to mouse
beta cells.  Another issue could be since you are using a mouse antibody on
mouse tissue I assume you have blocked to prevent non specific binding of
the mouse Ig ab to endogenous mouse Ig?  You may have blocked too well.  If
you did not block to avoid mouse on mouse binding of Ig from the anti mouse
detection then this does not apply.

Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
tahseen <@t> brain.net.pk
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 2:20 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: localization of of
Subject: SPAM-LOW: [Histonet] (no subject)

Hi All,
I used Monoclonal Mouse  Antibody to insulin for the localization of of
insulin positive beta cells in islets of wistar rats and for viaualization
 I used by Envision (HRP). IHC staining was stongly positive in human
islets with this technique where as in rodents staining was negative even
in positive control rats.Kindly guide me regarding the staining faliure in
my case what would the possible cause? Awaiting for your earliest reply.

Best Regards
Muhammad Tahseen
Histology Supervisor
SKMCH&RC