[Histonet] paraffin sectioning static

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Thu Oct 1 14:21:01 CDT 2009

The things we've tried Emily are:  rubbing a gauze soaked with Static
Gard on and around the microtome, brushing the microtome with a Static
Master brush, and/or laying down wet gauze around your blade holder.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Emily
Sours
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 2:05 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] paraffin sectioning static

Any tips on getting rid of static when paraffin sectioning on a
microtome? It's so insanely bad, the block is picking up the ribbon as
it goes back up every third section.

Emily

...the thrill of being close to that hidden knowledge. That's the way I
feel when I read Nabokov. Encrypted within his words, encoded
indecipherably, ambiguously, is the equivalent of the secret of
lightning. Something akin to the secret code of higher human
consciousness, the DNA, the genome of genius. -Ron Rosenbaum