[Histonet] RE:CD3 on mouse tissue

Milne, Katy kmilne <@t> bccancer.bc.ca
Thu Oct 1 10:42:16 CDT 2009

Hey John,

LabVision (through Thermo Fisher) has an awesome CD3 RbMAb, I use it all
the time on both human and mouse FFPE tissue and we have published a few
papers on it.  Cat# RM-9107, I use it on the Ventana but it also works
well for benchtop, I think it's about a 1/150 dilution.  If you want to
see it on mouse tissue just search for me (milne k) on www.pubmed.com
and it should bring up the papers (look for the mouse related ones since
2007 also a couple ovarian cancer ones, there are a couple milne k's out
there!), if you don't have access I can e-mail you a PDF but I would
strongly stand behind that Ab, it's my favorite and has yet to fail me!

Katy

------------------------------

Message: 18
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 08:48:03 -0400
From: John Shelley <jshelley <@t> burnham.org>
Subject: [Histonet] CD3 on Mouse Tissue
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"
<CEDED70E7CD1FD418B1525ABD333554F7BD693C221 <@t> LN-MAIL07.ln.burnham.org>

Hello Fellow Histonetters,

I have been trying to optimize CD3 from Abcam (ab56313) for quite awhile
now and I am at my wits end with it. I have tried various retrieval
methods and dilutions and polymer kits all to no avail. Has any
researcher out there worked with this CD3 before or has a CD3 marker
that they found to work and would you be willing to share what you did
to get it to work.  I have this group breathing down my neck because
they wanted their results by last week.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated, thanks!!!

John