[Histonet] fomalin-fixed tissue lysate

Yang, Li yanglf <@t> EVMS.EDU
Thu May 7 11:03:21 CDT 2009

Dear colleagues,

I want to perform protein analysis (proteomics anylysis) from formalin-fixed tissue and have some questions to bother you. .
1. Although I carefully take the tissue off the wax block with knive, there is still some wax stick to the tissue. Anybody has good experience about how to dewax?
2. For tissue lysate, do I still need to do antigen retrievel like histochemictry?
3. Due to the crosslink by formalin, is the lysate still suitable for 2D gel analysis? Did Anybody try it?
Any tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Best, lifang

::