[Histonet] pinning specimens for fixation

Judith L. Williams juditw <@t> u.washington.edu
Thu May 7 13:05:00 CDT 2009

HI Bryan -
In biology laboratories they use metal trays filled with a wax like product. You can make your own with a 9x12 metal baking dish filled half full with paraffin. Or, you can order the "professional" ones from Carolina Biological Supply, cheaper than from the anatomic path catalogs. They also have the large T-shape pins.
good luck with the dissection and fixation!
Judy