[Histonet] Re: dako autostainers

rgrow <@t> bmnet.com rgrow <@t> bmnet.com
Fri Mar 20 16:03:10 CDT 2009

Jennifer,

I have an older model Dako Autostainer that still works well. Dako does
still service it, too. It had  a printer available, but we chose not to use
it.
Our volume is small, ~2400 slides yr.

The size/type stainer you choose should be based on the number of immuno's
that you do a year.
NOT on what Dako wants to push on you, equipment or antibody systems.   And
I do mean PUSH.  They tried for a year to Push their new FLEX system on us.
It becomes a closed system and much more expensive.  Do not allow them to
do it to you.
 I was on the verge of going to a competitor. If you push back, they will
back off.

I still use Dako for all my IHC, but, again, I may start looking closer at
the competition because the corporation is not giving the small lab the
breaks that we need to keep up with the big hospitals.
It's sad that the Dako leadership is not paying attention to their
customers.
Dako, Are you listening?
I'm not sure how much this helps you, but I feel better by letting someone
know that they are/were a good company, but is under bad leadership at the
moment.

Renee Grow, BA., HT (ASCP)
rgrow <@t> bmnet.com
Histology Supervisor