[Histonet] cryoprotection possible?

Merced Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Wed Mar 18 09:03:02 CDT 2009

I agree with Frances and anh2006. Cryospreservation is important for brains
especially and must be done after fixation, before freezing, and the
glutaraldeyde can irreversibly mask antigens.

Merced

--On Wednesday, March 18, 2009 8:49 AM -0500 "Swain, Frances L"
<SwainFrancesL <@t> uams.edu> wrote:

> You are so correct, I forgot you do not rinse the sucrose out you blot it
> and then freeze.  Sorry about that. I do not cut frozen sections very
> often and I forget.
>
> Frances L. Swain HT(ASCP) A. A. S.
> Special Procedures Technician
> Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
> Center for Orthopaedic Research
> Barton Research Building 2R28
> 4301 West Markham Street
> Little Rock AR 72205
> (501) 686-8739 PHONE
> (501) 686-8987 FAX
> swainfrancesl <@t> uams.edu email

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 Biomedical Research Building
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.