[Histonet] grossing

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 10:24:00 CDT 2009

>From my point of view, shared by all AP and many managers, the answer is NO, they cannot, and should not. Histology samples are too precious to be handled by somebody without the proper training.
René J.

--- On Mon, 3/16/09, godsgalnow <@t> aol.com <godsgalnow <@t> aol.com> wrote:

From: godsgalnow <@t> aol.com <godsgalnow <@t> aol.com>
Subject: [Histonet] grossing
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Monday, March 16, 2009, 10:55 AM

I hate to beat a dead horse.....but how do you handle non-certified grossing
staff.? They all meet the CLIA guidelines, but are they allowed to gross in the
evening without the presence of a technical supervisor?

And how do you handle salaries for those that process and those that
gross....according to the CAP guidelines?

Thanks,
Roxanne