[Histonet] Dako

Thomas Jasper tjasper <@t> copc.net
Thu Mar 12 16:42:00 CDT 2009

OK,

There've been plenty of shots taken at Dako...and from what I can tell
rightly so.  I agree with the statements about the "good old days" and
all, and I would still like to believe Dako is a decent antibody
company.

So here's my question - How 'bout it Dako?  Are you going to take all of
this lying down?  Do you have any response(s) at all?  You (collectively
as a company) probably owe a lot of these folks some sort of
explanation.  I find it hard to believe that Dako has opted to adopt a
business model, which (from all appearances) has taken a path of
self-destruction.  And I don't care who the parent company is now
(Danaher?) these anecdotes exemplify irresponsible handling of business.
It certainly isn't necessary to have attended Harvard (insert your
favorite) business school to draw this conclusion.

I also believe that competition is good for the marketplace.  By having
Dako, a one-time leader in the field, basically "tank" isn't good for
anyone.  I'd like to see something salvaged here, but it's not up to me.

Thomas Jasper HT (ASCP) BAS
Histology Supervisor
Central Oregon Regional Pathology
Bend, Oregon 97701