[Histonet] validation documentation for processors

Joseph Fear fearj <@t> bronsonhg.org
Tue Mar 10 15:45:50 CDT 2009

A question came up in our lab about validation documentation for our new processor.
Does anyone have any creative feedback on how your lab documents validation of machines like processors and stainers?

See below---->

>>>Joseph Fear 03/01/09>>>
I'll post the question at histonet and see what i can find out about how other histo labs document validation of thier machines.

I think with the peloris we ran test cases and Dr.Pearson checked the H&E slides, but you're right that we don't have documentation of what cases were run and with JP's signiture for approval of validation. I can work on a general 'machine validation form' in excel and get back with you.

-Joseph

>>> Virginia Rupert 02/20/09 3:44 PM >>>
In your searches, or past experience, do you know or can you find out how new instruments are validated? I don't think we have adequate documentation for the Peloris, with test cases, etc. But I also haven't found a document to use as a template for our purposes. Any ideas?
Thanks