[Histonet] Sakura Tissue Tek Xpress

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/CCID/NCZVED) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Wed Jul 29 07:12:47 CDT 2009

I love our Xpress!  Our lab is certainly not typical...we are very
different from a routine hospital lab.  We are an infectious diseases
group so primarily receive liver tissue (both autopsy and biopsy), skin
biopsies, kidney, lung, GI.......pretty much everything other than
breast, uterus, prostate and the like.  We do not work a night shift so
our justification for the instrument was primarily for outbreaks, urgent
cases, etc.

It saves a huge amount of time when it is critical for us to get results
ASAP.  Our IHC are at least as good as with traditional processing and
in some cases better.

Jeanine Bartlett, BS, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Infectious Diseases Pathology Branch
1600 Clifton Road, MS/G-32
18/SB-114
Atlanta, GA  30333
(404) 639-3590
jeanine.bartlett <@t> cdc.hhs.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Daniel
Schneider
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 3:19 PM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Sakura Tissue Tek Xpress

My group is considering the purchase of the Sakura Tissue Tek Xpress
Continuous Rapid Tissue Processor.

Can any Histonetters give me feedback on their experience with this
instrument?

I'd like to hear the good and the bad.

Can you justify the cost?

How did you modify your staffing schedule?

Does it produce quality results on biopsies? and on surgicals? and fatty
tissue?

How does it effect IHC?

Feel free to reply on the Histonet, or, if you'd prefer, you may email
me privately.

Thank you!
Daniel Schneider, MD