[Histonet] Sakura DRS Stainer

thisisann <@t> aol.com thisisann <@t> aol.com
Tue Jul 14 09:57:14 CDT 2009

Is there anyone using the Sakura DRS Stainer for H&E Staining?? I am presently trying to validate an H&E stain using the following reagents?:?

?Hematoxylin? - Cardinal Health, 7211
Clarifier - Cardinal Health
Bluing reagent - Cardinal Health
Eosin Y - Cardinal Health

I am decerating the slides for 5 minutes each in xylene (2 changes), 10 minutes in hematoxylin, 30 seconds in clarifier and bluing, and 1 minute in eosin....obviously?there are alochol and water exchanges in between.? (This protocol works perfect on a Leica XL stainer):

The hematoxylin staining is very light.? I will continue to play with the hematoxylin and clarifier times, but if someone has something that works, I would appreciate it if you could share it with me!
Thank you,
Ann