[Histonet] LabVision/Dako Autostainer

Della Speranza, Vinnie dellav <@t> musc.edu
Fri Jan 23 14:13:36 CST 2009

We have earlier generation Dako Autostainers and are evaluating a current generation LabVision stainer. New or old we have experienced occasions when this instrument design has failed to dispense reagent. This seems to occur randomly or if there is a pattern we haven't figured it out. I've recently learned that some owners of the Biocare Nemesis which is essentially the same instrument have also encountered this problem.

The arm will travel to the correct slide but nothing dispenses from the probe, then the arm moves on its way.

I'd appreciate learning if others have experienced this problem and if a solution to the problem was discovered I hope you'll share it with me.

Vinnie Della Speranza
Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services
Medical University of South Carolina
165 Ashley Avenue  Suite 309