[Histonet] Starfrost slides

Jennifer Harvey jennifer.harvey <@t> vanderbilt.edu
Fri Jan 23 14:12:45 CST 2009

>From what I understand they are made with green glass. Green glass is a less
superior glass than white and you can have fluorescence issues. You should
only use white glass for fluorescence applications. You can tell by looking
at the slides in the box on their sides.
The Mercedes slides (7255) are fine for H&E and regular immuno. I use them
for one of my researchers to help with his costs and have been quite happy
with them. I do say that I do use the coverslips (mer2450) and they are to
be made of green glass also. I am not sure of this since when you look at
them on there side in the box they don't seem green. I have used them on
fluorescent work and haven't noticed a problem.
I hope this helps. I had the same question when I was trying to save money
on slide costs.