[Histonet] Sections coming off of slides

Kathleen Roberts kgrobert <@t> rci.rutgers.edu
Wed Feb 11 14:00:47 CST 2009

Hi all,

I just had a professor come to me asking if I had any tricks to rescue a
section that is partially off its slide.  This is formalin-fixed,
paraffin embedded mouse brain, and one section on one slide is half
attached and half floating after antigen retrieval for IHC (no, I don't
know which retrieval method he used, but I can find out if you need
it).  I've never tried to do this, and a search of the archives turned
up nothing, but my keywords may be off.    Has anybody managed to save a
section that was coming off the slide?

Thanks,
Kathleen Roberts
Principal Lab Technician