[Histonet] HPS stain from the AFIP manual

Garcia, Lori, Sr. Scientist lori.garcia <@t> medtronic.com
Tue Feb 10 14:35:07 CST 2009

 I have no personal experience with the HPS stain, but have been using
alcoholic saffron from EMS, catalog # 100504-624 for the Movat stain. It
seems to work very well, and we can just put it back in the bottle and
re-use it multiple times.

Lori

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Madary,
Joseph
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 12:19 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] HPS stain from the AFIP manual

We use the HPS routinely here as well.  It is in the AFIP manual, the
old green one and it did use itself as a reference, so I am glad to know
how it originated.  You know I have done that procedure for nearly three
decades and I have noticed in past years the quality of
Saffron(crocus)from any place but ROBOZ chroma from years back is not as
good.  I would love to hear of a place that sells it now that is good
off the shelf.  I agree with all of the boiling, parafilm and we also
place it in the oven the night before we use it.  I run the HPS every
other day.  I did notice minimal difference using sat pic acid or
bouins.

Nick Madary, HT/HTL(ASCP)QIHC
Medimmune Histology Laboratory Mgr
One Medimmune Way, Lab 2438-Area 4
Gaithersburg, MD 20878

ph 301.398.4745/6360
fx  301.398.9745

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE]

Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records.

To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com