[Histonet] Paraffin Block Keepin'

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Thu Feb 5 13:40:17 CST 2009

I'm (obviously) in a vet diagnostic lab. We had historically kept blocks
10 years; space was tight; the boss sent me on a Research Mission to
Find Out How Long Other Vet Labs Kept Their Blocks. I did and made the
Executive Decision (well, it was Friday and I figured I could at least
live through the weekend), to keep blocks for seven (7) years; boss
agreed. And I'm still here. Time seemed to be appropriate to the
veterinary world.  Slides? -  that's chiseled in stone: TEN years.  Hope
this helps.

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services