[Histonet] Hoescht and Giemsa

Lewin, Anne anne.lewin <@t> bms.com
Tue Feb 3 13:35:57 CST 2009

I have never tried that type of double staining, but DAPI also stains DNA in the minor groove and may not interfere with your Giemsa stain.  You can get DAPI already diluted in mounting media - Vector Labs makes a nice aqueous mount one that hardens so you don't have to use fingernail polish to seal the edges.