[Histonet] RE: Mycoplasma special stain

Perry, Margaret Margaret.Perry <@t> sdstate.edu
Wed Dec 2 15:25:10 CST 2009

Hi JoAnne,
Our pathologist requested we try a Faulkner stain for Mycoplasma.  I found two methods.  The Faulkner/Lillie and the Faulkner/Kerr variations of the Warthin Starry.  One of these is a lower acid.  The pathologist is looking up the reference and will call the people who wrote a paper on this.  I can let you know what I find out.  We would like to find a quicker method than PCR and we've tried several antibodies for IHC but they seem to cross react with other bacteria.
Margaret Perry
Margaret.Perry <@t> sdstate.edu