[Histonet] Reusing Citrate Antigen Retrieval Buffer

Jason McGough jmcgough <@t> clinlab.com
Thu Apr 30 10:09:10 CDT 2009

We are looking into using our .01M Citrate Antigen Retrieval Buffer in our
Dako PT Link for Antigen Retrieval on our IHC stains. The question that we
are wondering about is anybody reusing this solution for multiple times? If
so, how many times? What is your dilution? Like the High pH Antigen
Retrieval solution from Dako, it is recommended to use up to 3 time before
replacement.

We are having several problems with the High pH antigen retrieval solution
from Dako and want to try Citrate, since that is what we have been using for
many years with great results. We previously used the Pascal Pressure Cooker
from Dako for Antigen Retrieval but now have the PT Link. Thank you in
advance for your replies.

Jason McGough HT(ASCP)
Account Representative - Anatomic Pathology
Clinical Laboratory of the Black Hills
2805 5th Street Suite 210
Rapid City, SD 57701
605-343-2267 Ext 127