[Histonet] Cryostat sections mounting with 0.1M PB solution onto slides

TF tifei <@t> foxmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:43:03 CDT 2009

After we cut the brain sections on a cryostat (OCT embedded), we brush a drop of 0.1M PB on to the slide before mounting the sections.
Do anyone know the side effect of this - for example, the sections will peel off during immunostaining?

Another question is about the dry time after mounting and before staining.
I know some people asked similar questions before, but they are using fresh tissue for frozen sections.
We here perfuse the animal, post-fix the tissue and sink it in sucrose before making cryostat sections.
So we may dry the sections in air up to weeks.
I would like to ask about the proper heating time (with a heat plate) before dry the sections up in a fumehood.
Should we heat the sections at 60 degree for 10 min or 2 hours shortly after mounting?

Thanks very much.

2009-04-03

TF