[Histonet] Antibody for HBsAg

Sebree Linda A. LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Mon Mar 17 09:05:57 CDT 2008

Hi Laura,

Always a pleasure to help out a fellow Wisconsinite.

We use Hep. B surface from Thermo Scientific (manufactured by NeoMarkers
for Lab Vision Corp.), cat. # MS-314-S0 (0.1 ml), or -S1 (0.5 ml), or -S
(1.0 ml) for the supernatant concentrate.  We use it at a 1:15 dilution
on our Ventana stainers with no pretreatment.  This antibody is an ASR.
Their number is:  1(800)828-1628.

Hope this helps,

Linda

Linda Sebree, HT(ASCP)
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
A4/204-3224
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596
FAX: (608)262-7174

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bliven,
Laura
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 8:50 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Antibody for HBsAg

I'm looking for a good Hepatitis B Surface Antigen antibody.  Must be
ASR.  I know recently some companies changed from IVD to ASR or RUO.  In
our clinical setting it must be at least ASR.  Also, I understand that
it matters whether we use a polyclonal or monoclonal antibody.  Should I
assume that the antibody must be polyclonal for this virus as some
others viruses require it, so it's not too specific and may miss
positive cases?

So, the questions are:
which antibody for HBsAg that's ASR (no RUO labeled)
and polyclonal or monoclonal?
Antibody consistency from the company is important as we use
concentrated antibodies.

Thanks,

Laura Bliven
Histology Lab/IHC