[Histonet] blue haze on Surgipath H&E

Denise Crowley dencrowl <@t> MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 4 05:58:05 CST 2008

Hi Kimberly,

We switched to the Select-Tec system and are very happy with the
quality of the hematoxylin and eosin stains.  However, the clarifying
step and  the Blue buffer did not work out for us.  So, we kept the
stains and went back to using acid alcohol (1% HCl in 70% EtOH) and
Scott's tap water substitute.  Now the staining is bright, crisp, and
the staining solutions last through about 1800 slides.

Denise Crowley
Facility Manager Histology
David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
40 Ames St. E17-427
Cambridge MA  02139
617-258-8183