[Histonet] Re: cleaved caspase(active)

Carl Hobbs carl.hobbs <@t> kcl.ac.uk
Mon Sep 10 14:58:52 CDT 2007

A final question, after a preamble:

I use Cell Signalling's, Biocare's and Abcam's anti Cleaved caspase 3 (
"active"   : I always add that bit in, just in case;-), on pwax sections
after Citric acid HIER pH6 ( no other retrieval method/nor omission works,
for me )

For me, the first Ab is too variable; works very well, sometimes.
The second works most of the time, except that  I am worried that the number
of positive cells makes me think that non-cleaved caspase 3 is demonstrated.
( in serial sections, Biocare's Ab gave nuclear positivity that was absent,
repeatedly, with the other two, when I judged them to be working well
....there appeared to be a worrying co-positivity with Ki67....is this
possible?)
The third Ab tends to be consistent BUT , again, demonstrates less cells
than the Biocare Ab. As does the Cell Signalling Ab, when it works.
Final Q: Finally....has anyone actually compared the available anti CC3 (
active ;-)Abs to check for fidelity????
Any comments on these comments of mine would be gratefully recd.
Yep..the only consistency in my comments is inconsistency!
Curious Carl