[Histonet] damaged cartilage

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Thu Sep 6 12:07:01 CDT 2007

What type of tissue are you looking at?  Why don=92t you just stain with =
toluidine blue or safranin O.  Both of these stain proteoglycan, areas =
of cartilage damage will show loss of staining. There are also pathology =
parameters such as fibrillation, loss of chondrocytes and chondrocyte =
cloning that are characteristic of cartilage damage.  If you feel you =
need to use a IHC stain, you could try collagen II.  Articular cartilage =
should stain positive for collagen II.  But I would initally try the =
special stains.

Liz=20

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC