[Histonet] computerized computation of IHC intensity

Stephens, Elizabeth Humes es144131 <@t> bcm.tmc.edu
Sat Oct 27 01:23:36 CDT 2007

Can I get people's advice on computerized grading of IHC intensity? That is, if I circle a region of the slide I'd like it to calculate staining intensity for that area. Is there a program that people have had success with? We have ImagePro but I'm not very familiar with it. I do my IHC staining
without Ni (so it's brown) with a hemotoxylin counterstain--so I guess I would need to subtract "blue" from the image. Image brightness Do people have problems with the image brightness affecting results?

Thank you so much!

Elizabeth Stephens