[Histonet] sectioning spleen

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 09:25:25 CDT 2007

Reduce the dehydration times and use intermediate solutions: 100EthOL:xylene=1:2 before the pure xylene and xylene:paraffin=1:2 between xylene and paraffin.
  Try that the time ratios follow the following: xylene/alcohol = 0.4 and (xylene+paraffin)/alcohol = 1.4
  Spleen is difficult because the amount of blood it contains (as you well know).
  René J.

mesruh turkekul <turkekul <@t> gmail.com> wrote:
  Dear Histoneters,

I have tried manual paraffin embedding and embedding of spleen in the
tissue processor.
But I have noticed it is not easy to section. The tissue is so dry and
crunchy. I really need to blow hard onto the block while sectioning to
get nice sections. Do you have any tips in terms of sectioning. Or
maybe fixation, processing?

Cheers,
Mesruh Turkekul