[Histonet] Georgia Society for Histotechnology Meeting April 13-15, 2007

Shirley Powell POWELL_SA <@t> Mercer.edu
Sat Jan 20 13:36:47 CST 2007

Hi Friends,
I am again posting the program information for our meeting.  The program and
the registration form can be printed from here.  If you want the entire
program, I can email you individually with it attached.
****Please note, the deadline for registration at Callaway Garden Mountain
Creek Inn  is March 1st so please make your reservations early.  This is
their peak season and rooms go fast, but this rate is exceptional.  $119 for
single, double, triple or quad.

Come on down to Georgia. April 13-15, 2007

Shirley Powell
GSH Secretary

HOTEL INFORMATION
Mountain Creek Inn www.callawaygardens.com
1-800 225-5292 for Reservations

Please state you are attending the GSH/ Meeting when making reservations in
order to get the discounted rate of $119 for single, double, triple or quad.
The deadline for reservations is March 1st to take advantage of this rate.
This reduced rate includes lodging, admission to the Gardens, use of the
Fitness Center, in room coffee, newspaper, and telephone access fees will be
waived.  Rates are good three days prior to and three days after the
conclusion of the meeting.  So plan your vacation early.  Bring your family
to enjoy the Gardens, golfing, fly fishing, bass fishing, educational tours,
tennis, shopping, and the beautiful Sibley Horticulture Center, The Callaway
Discovery Center, The Pioneer Log Cabin, The Gardens' bike and walking
trails, Mr. Cason's Vegetable Garden, The Day Butterfly Center, and the area
scenery and flowers.
CALL NOW TO GET THE GOOD RATE

Georgia Society for Histotechnology 2007 Program
April 13-15, 2007
Callaway Gardens, GA
Mountain Creek Inn

Friday Evening Program
Registration:  5 to 7
Vendor's Reception:
Friday Evening from 7 to 9 p.m.

Saturday Program
7:00-8:00 am   Registration
8:00:  IHC From a Pathologist Perspective
Dr. Michael Howard
8:45:  Basic Immunofluorescence
	Dr. Ana Maria Abreu-Velez
9:30:  Disease We Don't Normally See
	Dr. Sheriff Zaki - CDC
	(10:00 - 10:30 am   Break)
10:30:  Research Histology
	Pat Grier - CDC
12:00 - 1:00-GSH AWARDS LUNCHEON
1:00:  Osteoarthritis Research Veterinary Pathology
	Vicki Kalscheur - UWM Vet School
1:45:  What is Veterinary Histology?
	Vicki Kalscheur - UWM Vet School
1:30-4:30:  Workshop:  Basic IHC, Staining Methods, Antigen Retrieval/Enzyme
Digestion, Dilutions, Automatic and Manual 	Staining, Troubleshooting.
	Dave Reberry and Chris Sheeder - DAKO
	(3:00 - 3:30 am         Break)
4:30-5:  Pascal
	Dave Reberry and Chris Sheeder - DAKO

5:00:  GSH General Membership Meeting
	(GSH Board Meeting to Follow)

Sunday Program
8:00-12 Noon:  Workshop: A Better Understanding of Automated
Immunohistochemical Staining
	This workshop will review the immunostaining process on an automated
instrument, and explore the many factors that can 	effect staining.
	Beth L. Roche HTL(ASCP)QIHC -  Ventana Medical Systems, Inc.

10:00 - 10:30 am    Break

REGISTRATION FORM

Name_________________________________
Address________________________________
___________________________________
Email________________________________
Home Phone:

Employer___________________________
Address_____________________________
____________________________________
Work Phone_________________________

Fees:
Saturday & Sunday                     $80______
Student:  Half price                     $40______
Course Instructor's signature required
here for Student rate:
____________________________________
Non-refundable Registration Fee $25____
Includes Awards Lunch Saturday
					TOTAL _____

Program Registration Deadline is  April 1, 2007 -- Late Registration fee is
$15_____

Please make checks payable to:
Georgia Society for Histotechnology

Mail to Registrar: