[Histonet] Re:Histochoice

AGrobe2555 <@t> aol.com AGrobe2555 <@t> aol.com
Thu Aug 23 17:01:12 CDT 2007

We use it and have used it for some time.  It seems to work fairly  well,
though none of the samples we do are human patients.  We are  exclusively a
research lab.  The nice thing is that it doesn't  seem to require antigen retrieval
to the extent of formalin-fixed tissues.

However, in light of samples I have worked with lately, I am finding  that
some IHC doesn't seem to work as well after long-term storage (~5  years).

As to staining (H&E), there seems to be very little difference  in intensity
and has not affected our IHC.

All that said, I have not done a side-by-side comparison on the same  tissues
fixed with Histochoice vs Formalin, though I do have some in the wings  to do
this eventually.

Albert

Albert C.  Grobe, PhD
International Heart Institute of Montana Foundation
Tissue  Engineering Lab, Saint Patrick  Hospital