[Histonet] Cryo sections

Pat Keller kellerp <@t> ent.wustl.edu
Wed Aug 15 12:27:00 CDT 2007

I am cutting adult rat brainstems, transcardially perfused with 4%
paraformaldehyde in PBS and immersed in same overnight at 4c then sunk in 30
sucrose in PBS cutting at 8 microns on cryostat  as they dry they rip
regards of the type of slide. What in the world am I doing wrong been
cutting for 25 yr. and this is a first for me. Box at -25c  using high
profile accu-edge blade, using both OCT and TBS no help still ripping
Took sample in paraffin good cut at 8 microns

Thanks
Pat Keller

Patricia Keller,
Sr. Res. Tech.   Histology Core Manager